Specialized in signal installations, intersection design, signal analysis and design, and complete urban traffic control systems, Traffic Tech’s extensive traffic engineering experience delivers turn-key solutions in urban traffic control systems.
Using advanced traffic signal controllers, Traffic Tech configure road intersections with either actuated or adaptive operation. With loop detectors or video detection systems, traffic signal operation at intersections are optimised to achieve safe and efficient traffic flow.
As experts in traffic control, Traffic Tech can optimise traffic flow on multiple junctions with control systems that adjust signal timings in response to variations in traffic demand.
Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic System (SCATS®)
As experts in traffic control, Traffic Tech can optimise traffic flow on multiple junctions with control systems that adjust signal timings in response to variations in traffic demand. The Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic System (SCATS®) is a traffic management system that is used to link multiple traffic signal controllers together to reduce travel times and fuel consumption. SCATS® is the most advanced and widely used, fully adaptive Urban Traffic Control (UTC) system available in the world today.
Developed by the Roads & Maritime Services (previously RTA) in Australia, the capabilities of this system have been tested on actual traffic conditions, making it highly reliable in addressing real needs in traffic control.
Features and Benefits of SCATS®:
- Provides road users with reductions in the number of stops, reduced travel times, and significant fuel savings.
- Detects real time changes in traffic flow and adjusts timing parameters constantly to match changing traffic patterns and achieve optimised operation.
- User friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) that allows for easy operation.
- Hierarchical structure of signal control facilitates a “modular” approach to system expansion.
- Can be upgraded or expanded to meet changing requirements.
- Other applications can be integrated into the system.
- Provides details/reports of traffic flows for other planning purposes.
- SCATS® enables a hierarchical system of fall back operation in the event of temporary communications failure. Such equipment faults are monitored by the system.
To view our full project list of Traffic Signals installations, Click Here.